Tonight my husband came home not feeling well after a long day of work to a wife who didn’t have supper prepared or even planned. While working outside in the garden, I asked him what sounded good for supper, and instead of telling me what to fix, he offered to go inside and start the preparations. By the time I finished the yard work, Travis had found a new recipe, adapted it to his liking, and was in the process of cooking his experimental dish. I walked in the house to the wonderful aroma of his creation and through tears told him how much I appreciated his willingness to help me out in the kitchen even though he didn’t feel good. And let me say, I appreciated it even more when I tasted it! And by the way, he (and Abel) even baked brownies afterwards! I am so blessed to have a husband who serves me and loves me and who views our marriage as a partnership. I am greatly encouraged by his obedience to God’s command for husbands to love their wives sacrificially as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself up for her. Thank You, Lord, for giving me a husband who loves and serves both You and me.
Angela is a happy wife to Travis and blessed mom of four beautiful children--Abel, Amariah, and fraternal twins Isabel and Elliana. She embraces her full-time job as Mom and is now in her fifth year of homeschooling her children. Angela has a passion for the written word--both reading it and expressing herself through it--and deeply enjoys writing at both Eternal Outlook [with Angela] and DesMoinesMomsBlog.com. Angela has a heart for a healthy family life and enjoys doing what it takes to create one. Her goal in life is to live in a way that glorifies God, growing in her relationship with Him and impacting others for Him.
- Teach Me to Number My Days ... 1 year ago
- Why I Don’t Want a New Start in 2015 ... 2 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: And the Granite Selection Is… ... 2 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Our Top 2 Granite Candidates ... 2 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Reflections of My Heart ... 2 years ago
- Homemade Tuna Tetrazzini Recipe ... 2 years ago
- I Needed to Do This ... 3 years ago
- Homeschool Reflections (and Why I Need Summer) ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Footings and Friends ... 3 years ago
- Stitch Fix Review #1 ... 3 years ago