Do you ever feel like you are in debt to your debt? I never really felt so burdened by it until I became aware of it. But thank goodness we became aware when we did! Last November my husband and I read Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover and immediately recognized that we needed to stop letting debt be a way of life. Since changing our view of debt, we have seen great success in our finances: we have paid off two student loans, an “interest free” credit card, and several medical bills; and we were able to make a large down payment on a new (to us) vehicle when our trusty old car unexpectedly bit the dust! We are still plugging away at paying off the rest of this vehicle as well as two more student loans. At times I feel like it is taking forever to see the kind of progress that I would like to see. But then my husband gently reminds me that it is not going to be easy to become debt-free. Sometimes doing things the right way takes a lot of time and effort, and that is not the kind of mindset that comes naturally to the average American. But we are doing what we can to stay “gazelle intense,” as Dave would say, because we are “sick and tired” of living in debt to our debt!
Angela is a happy wife to Travis and blessed mom of four beautiful children--Abel, Amariah, and fraternal twins Isabel and Elliana. She embraces her full-time job as Mom and is now in her fifth year of homeschooling her children. Angela has a passion for the written word--both reading it and expressing herself through it--and deeply enjoys writing at both Eternal Outlook [with Angela] and DesMoinesMomsBlog.com. Angela has a heart for a healthy family life and enjoys doing what it takes to create one. Her goal in life is to live in a way that glorifies God, growing in her relationship with Him and impacting others for Him.
- Teach Me to Number My Days ... 1 year ago
- Why I Don’t Want a New Start in 2015 ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: And the Granite Selection Is… ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Our Top 2 Granite Candidates ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Reflections of My Heart ... 3 years ago
- Homemade Tuna Tetrazzini Recipe ... 3 years ago
- I Needed to Do This ... 3 years ago
- Homeschool Reflections (and Why I Need Summer) ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Footings and Friends ... 3 years ago
- Stitch Fix Review #1 ... 3 years ago