As my children grow, I am finding that it’s the neatest thing to watch them discover their world with such awe and innocence. Tonight as we sat on a blanket under the night sky preparing to watch Ankeny’s fireworks display, Amariah suddenly pointed to the moon, making her grunt-like comments about what she observed. After talking about it for a while, she turned her attention to a bright star, pointing with her whole body and making similar grunt-like comments. As the fireworks began, both Abel and Amariah fixed their eyes on the beautiful display, Abel commenting nonstop and Amariah commenting only about the prettiest explosions. I wonder what was going through her mind as the fireworks boomed and lit up the sky. I wonder what would go through my mind if I observed the world with the eyes of a child….
Angela is a happy wife to Travis and blessed mom of four beautiful children--Abel, Amariah, and fraternal twins Isabel and Elliana. She embraces her full-time job as Mom and is now in her fifth year of homeschooling her children. Angela has a passion for the written word--both reading it and expressing herself through it--and deeply enjoys writing at both Eternal Outlook [with Angela] and DesMoinesMomsBlog.com. Angela has a heart for a healthy family life and enjoys doing what it takes to create one. Her goal in life is to live in a way that glorifies God, growing in her relationship with Him and impacting others for Him.
- Teach Me to Number My Days ... 1 year ago
- Why I Don’t Want a New Start in 2015 ... 2 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: And the Granite Selection Is… ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Our Top 2 Granite Candidates ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Reflections of My Heart ... 3 years ago
- Homemade Tuna Tetrazzini Recipe ... 3 years ago
- I Needed to Do This ... 3 years ago
- Homeschool Reflections (and Why I Need Summer) ... 3 years ago
- #SquiresHomeRun: Footings and Friends ... 3 years ago
- Stitch Fix Review #1 ... 3 years ago