About a month ago my blogging friend Lynnette challenged her blog readers to take pictures of all the out of place things around the house that signal, “Kids live here!” I didn’t take part in her challenge, but as I think about all the misplaced things I’ve just recently discovered, I’m beginning to wish I would have!
- sidewalk chalk laying on the bathroom floor
- multiple pairs of socks–and shoes–outside in the sandbox
- toys in the dresser drawer
- costume jewelry–and a cabbage patch–on my closet floor
- baby doll outfits hanging in the nursery closet
- crayon markings on the front storm door
- my stark naked son running through the backyard
These little things that might be annoying–and sometimes embarrassing (see last bullet point)–at the time are, I must admit, kind of funny in retrospect. I have to wonder what prompted Amariah to strategically place her toy kitchen stuff in Abel’s dresser drawer, what Abel was thinking (or if he was thinking) when he decided to strip and head to the backyard, etc. I guess these things do more than keep me busy cleaning and training–they keep me smiling (in the long run, at least!), too.