In thinking about how the blogging community can be a source of godly fellowship and encouragement in this busy, technology-driven era, my blogging friend Lynnette is hosting a blog hop to facilitate the “meeting” of us bloggers. In order to help us get to know one another, she has suggested we share ten charming, interesting, fun things about ourselves. So, here’s mine!…
1. Ten weeks ago today I learned that God had spared my life. Upon being opened up to deliver my twins via the repeat cesarean section that I so did not want, my doctor discovered a complete separation of my old uterine scar. The only thing holding my babies inside my uterus was the unbroken bag of waters. Had I labored for the VBAC that I so earnestly desired and prayed for (and for which I was denied) or had my water broken, both me and my babies would probably have lost our lives. Praise God for doing according to His will and not mine….
2. Summer is my favorite time of year. Warm weather, fireworks, sweet corn… all my favorite things!
3. God has blessed me with an amazing husband. We celebrated our fourth anniversary one week after the birth of our third and fourth children!
4. I am a perfectionist who isn’t very good at organizing things…. Does that make sense?…
5. I have shaved my legs (almost) every day since I got married.
6. When I was getting to know my husband (before we started dating), I purposely didn’t wear makeup because I wanted him to see the real me (and as it turns out, the Me he would have four years of marriage and four children later!).
7. I was baptized in India while there on a three-week missions trip.
8. I am known by my family as being a long teeth brusher. The joke is, “She’ll be ready in five minutes. She just has to brush her teeth.”
9. I was diagnosed with writer’s cramp, a focal point dystonia of the forearm, after gradually and mysteriously losing the ability to write with my right hand. I have since taught myself to write left-handed and to use the computer for as many things as possible.
10. When I am home alone with my kids, I can often be found dancing and singing silly songs to them. (Please call before stopping by.) 😉