Periodically, I do a post I call Kids Say as a way of recording and remembering the cute things my kids say. What I am discovering as a mom of four young children is that kids aren’t the only people who, unawares, say entertaining things. Today, I thought I’d do a post on the usually funny/sometimes rude/occasionally flattering things people say when they see me with my four kids….
Sight-Seeing Total Stranger in Wal-Mart: “Look at that! And I thought I had my hands full. Next time I’m feeling overwhelmed, I’ll just think of you!… Wow!…”
Non-Observant Total Strangers: “Two sets of twins??”
Curious Total Strangers: “Are they all yours?”
Advanced-in-Years Total Stranger in an Elevator: “I’ve never seen so many kids in my life!!”
- Even at 27 years of age and 5 years of marriage, I sometimes don’t feel old enough to have four children.
- My hands may be “full,” but my heart is overflowing.
- Abel and Amariah are 15 1/2 months apart and a head different in height.
- Yes, they are all mine–and not by accident.
- None of the above comments have been evoked by some display of bad or obnoxious behavior but simply by the sight of four children in my presence.